It has been confirmed that the rail line between Hurst Green and East Grinstead has been closed due to a landslide.
Trains cannot currently run between Hurst Green and East Grinstead. This disruption is expected until Monday March 2.
Passengers at East Grinstead, Dormans and Lingfield, traveling to London, will need to use the rail replacement bus to connect with rail service to Oxted.
Passengers from Oxted, Hurst Green, Lingfield and Dormans to East Grinstead will need to take a replacement bus.
Network Rail had previously found a landslide at the Cookspond Viaduct, between East Grinstead and Dormans. They planned to start work to rectify this in the near future.
However, due to heavy rains last night, the ground moved faster than expected and has now closed the railroad tracks.
This may affect your trip if you plan to visit the Bluebell Railway halfway through as East Grinstead connects to the Bluebell Railway.
Alternatively, passengers can use their ticket at no additional cost on:
- 400 between East Grinstead and Caterham (for Three Bridges, Crawley, Gatwick Airport, Horley, Salfords, Redhill)
- 291 between Crawley and Tunbridge Wells (for Three Bridges, East Grinstead, Tunbridge Wells)
- 281 between Crawley and Lingfield (for Three Bridges, East Grinstead)
- 270 between East Grinstead and Haywards Heath (for connections to main rail services)
- 84 between East Grinstead and Crawley (via Three Bridges)
- Southdown PSV Bus
- 236 between Oxted and East Grinstead via Edenbridge Town
- 410 between Oxted and Redhill
- Brighton and Hove Bus
- 28 between Uckfield and Tunbridge Wells
- 29 between Uckfield and Tunbridge Wells (for Crowborough)
- Compass trip
- 228/229 between Lewes, Uckfield, Crowborough and Tunbridge Wells
- Southern and Thameslink trains to / from London
- Tramlink between East and West Croydon
- london underground between London terminals
What do you think about this? Let us know in the comments below.
Get image downloads, prints and streaming videos
News home page
For the latest railway news
RailAdvent online shop
Framed prints, DVD / Blu-Ray and more
Come share your railroad photos
Steam Mainnet Information
Upcoming steam circuits / locomotive movements on the main line